Thursday, September 11, 2008

Safari Books Online

So I wanted to subscribe for Safari Books Online. If you don't know what Safari Books is, I would recommend that you visit http://www.safaribooksonline.com/. Anyways they offer two products for individual subscription: Safari Library (expensive & good one) and Safari Bookshelf (cheap & not so good one). When I went to sign up on their site, to my surprise I did not get an option to subscribe for Safari Library. In response to a ticket submitted to their customer support, I got a response "India is not one of the country they offer Safari Library". This makes me wonder the country which produces most of the IT talent is not in the list of countries that can have access to Safari Library subscription.

Huh!!! Go Figure!!!

P.S. There is a catch here and people in India can still subscribe to safari library if they want to. All they have to do is log on to a VPN network in the US (like I did) and get a US IP address and you will see an option to choose Safari Library.

No comments: